Thursday, February 3, 2011

Come and gone


I just realized it has been since October since I updated this blog. The intentions have been there, but time slipped by. I guess I should backtrack a few months.
November: Rich walked the 3 Day once again, while I watched the news snipits of the event by the recliner. I had planned to attend closing ceremonies, but chemo side effects told me differently. Rich, my mother and John(my fill in) enjoyed the 60 mile treck with "Flat Heather." For those of you with children and have ever had to do a "Flat Stanley" project, should understand.

My dear friend Julia came up with Flat Heather the night before the 3 Day. She took her everywhere...including the Port-A-Potty. She was bandaged, fed and tucked in at the end of the day. After the Arizona walk, she was then transported to the San Diego 3 Day. Flat Heather brought me many tears knowing she was surrounded by so much love. She made her final appearance on the evening news. Next year Flat Heather will look a little more inflated:)

My father and stepmother came to visit while the rest of the family was walking. I knew I would not be able to accomplish much, so the help was greatly appreciated. I was very nausiated from the chemo drugs. I was having issues with my port, so Karla spent the morning with me at the hospital until I could see the doctor. A few days later, my father took me back to the doctor to have my port removed. I ended up with a severe infection that almost left me septic. My father asked if they have a warrenty.....one could only wish.

My last round of chemo was done through a regular IV the week of Thanksgiving. One step down and one to go. Radiation began in December.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I love flat Heather but not as much as inflated Heather. So happy to read the blog update. You are truly amazing.