Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Days of Progression



Mission of the Good Shepherd had a beautiful healing mass the other weekend. Father Mark gave a lovely sermon. We were surrounded by members of Team W.I.S.H., family and friends. It was emotionally uplifting as well as spiritually. It has taken me a long time to find a parish that feels like home and I think I have found it. It has given me enlightenment I have been seeking for a long time.

People have asked me what they say my prognosis is. Honestly I have not asked the question. I don't want someone to put a timeline on my life. When my time is to come, it will come. Until then, I take each day as it comes.

After my first chemo treatment, we knew they may have to change my drugs upon the report from TGen. They did. I am currently taking Adriomycin/Cytoxin. Radiation and chemo pills will still follow. Chemo treatment on the 12th landed me in the hospital with severe vomiting. This round on the 26th has been much better. I can no longer feel the 3 lymph nodes in my neck, so I feel the drugs are working. I have two more treatments to go. November 9th and 23rd.

I came to the realization I will not be walking the 3Day this year. This is such a triumphant year, it breaks my heart. John has been granted permission by the 3Day organization to walk in my place due to the circumstances. Once again, I cried. Something I can do a lot of these days. I plan on feeling well enough to attend closing ceremonies with my husband, mother, John and teammates. In seven years, Team W.I.S.H. has raised over 1 MILLION DOLLARS for Susan G. Komen.

So there is my update.

No comments: