Sunday, February 6, 2011

2010 Holiday Season


November was the countdown month for my last chemo treatment. Lucky me, two days before Thanksgiving! Mashed potatoes have never tasted better. As for turkey, anything in the poultry division was not on the palate of favorites during chemo. Tart cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes hit the spot.

John & Mom's table was wonderfully decorated to serve the army of a family and dearest of friends, Jen, Jose and Sofia.

December brought in the beginning of my radiation countdown. 5 days a week for 35 treatments. Little did I know how exhausting this would be.

Christmas angels were chosen off of the tree at the store and gifts were purchased. This is Rich and Maia's yearly tradition.

Christmas Eve was enjoyed at the Kondikoff's and Christmas Day was served up at The Reidinger's. Chase, Olivia and Maia had their Santa list fulfilled. Video games, Nintendo DS, American girl dolls, books, clothing, etc.

I wished I had a little more strength during the holiday season, but I came to terms with the fact it was OK if all the cookies did not get baked. It was OK if the whole house was not decorated, if I missed a few ribbons the world won't end. Tough choice for a perfectionist.

After going through this cancer crap twice, what matters the most is to be surrounded by those you love. There is nothing greater than time spent. The simple things in life will do.

As for New Year's Eve...in bed by 11:15...to tired for anything else. Happy New Year!

No comments: