Thursday, February 3, 2011

Angels among us


While 3,000 people were walking 60 miles, I sat teary eyed in the sidelines with my own battle. I was not alone, as my mentor was also unable to walk. Linda Kacmarsky came into my life in 2008. She was the driving force behind Team W.I.S.H. This was her year to shine...One Million Dollars raised in seven years. Linda was unable to walk due to what doctors thought was gastroenteritis. Gastroenteritis would have been an easy cure.

Linda was diagnosed with cancer. This disease took her life on December 20th. Her husband Frank said it best, she got tired of waiting for a cure for Breast Cancer, so she wanted to have a one-on-one conversation with God.

It is difficult to write about someone that touched your life in so many ways. I miss her. She is an angel leading the way.

No comments: