Sunday, February 6, 2011

New year, new me....slowly

Radiation will suck the life out of you. It will burn your skin, tighten your muscles like a super Tends Unit, irritate your esophagus, give you heartburn and make you fall asleep at the dinner table sitting up. Are we having fun yet?!

I have learned to nap when needed...which I have NEVER done. Doc reminds me only a short nap as to get back up and moving to keep muscle mass. Easy for her to say. I have been using my free weights to help stretch my arm. I may even consider a yoga class to help stretch the muscles and sore joints. Chemo loves to screw with the joint system of the human body.

Radiation was completed on February 3rd! I am looking forward to getting new sneakers to start walking again. I need to get the legs back in shape for two reasons....train for the 3 Day and a lifetime experience to Bali, Indonesia. Feet training her I come!

No comments: