Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Roots of Friendship


A few months ago I wrote about a woman I met in the doctors office. She was just about to undergo a mastectomy. I can remember the fear in her eyes, as I once to had the same blank stare.

I received a telephone call from her after I met her. She just had her surgery and was full of questions. Jenny and I talked for quite awhile. While we chatted about cancer related topics, issues, etc, it seemed as if we had known each other forever. It was a comfort you find in lifelong friends. I have often thought maybe life works backwards. You meet people at their worst phases in life to have things only get better. I am looking forward to many shared times with Jenny and Mike. They are a remarkable couple! We thank the both of them for a wonderful time at the Keith Urban Concert.

No comments: