Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Another Goodbye


I am not sure if I will ever get used to the Wilmot's visiting and having to go back to Indonesia without me crying.

They arrived on Father's Day and left this evening. I guess there is never enough time with cherished friends. The "Bonnie" wine is gone, so I guess I should have known they would be heading back. The girls are "maturing" faster than we want to admit. Maia is not far behind. I look back at photos and see the "children" they were to the young adults they have become, Bonnie & John should be proud.

They are heading back to an unknown diplomacy of a third world country, Papau. I have more admiration for them than anyone I have ever known. It takes a certain person to move a family from "normalicy" to "WTF", is the only way to put it. The outlook on life of their children is completely unmeasured by any child raised here in the USA.

Break out the sarongs and koteka's....I love you!

No comments: