Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Birthday in PA


Yep, March 16th...I made it to 37!

Maia and I headed back to PA to visit my Dad and many missed friends. Gina, Terri, Chris, Liz Kathy and I enjoyed our garlic fest at Paolo's in Northampton. God I miss good Italian food!! What I really miss is the camaraderie. Stuffed and smelling like garlic, we headed to the Legion where time stood still. Conversations carried on as if I left PA last week. Bridgett and Butch are still heartwarming as ever. We reminisced about the old days and the craziest of times. Jimmy and Greg bicker like they were brothers...nothing a few shots won't cure! I wish I could transport them all to Arizona.

Terri and I took a drive to Schaeffer's Harley Davidson to say hello to Sven. He had no idea I was stopping by, so he was really surprised. Terri and I then decided to indulge ourselves with a cheesesteak at the Port Clinton Hotel. It was the biggest steak sandwich I have ever seen! Washed it down with a cold Yuengling...ahhhhh.

The following day I drove to New Jersey to see the Reidinger clan. The Reidinger children have grown! The last time I saw them they were all babies. They have all turned out to be beautiful young tweens. This was the first time Maia was able to meet the entire family. It was a great time for all of us. Cousin Richard and Aunt Stephanie even drove in for a visit. I must say...it was great to indulge in great Italian food...thank you Lisa and Scott for your hospitality. I wish we could all be closer, but we cherish the time we spent.

Sunday I spent time at the Adam's house. I really enjoyed just hanging with friends, laughing and catching up. Especially after a long year prior. Gina outdid her self with a great chicken dish...still waiting for the recipe!!! Maia and Maddy played until they dropped.

Not that I can ever get enough Italian food....Dad and Karla took us for dinner at their favorite restaurant. Maia had the experience to see REAL pizza being made. I had the indulgence of garlic once again......no vampires on this trip!

We spent the remaining days just hanging out with Dad and Karla. Maia climbed trees, not cacti. Nana let her drive the tractor and feed the fish. Fresh air will make you sleep like a baby before heading home.

Did someone mention Italian food?

No comments: