Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Stuck in a Herd

Was it the lady in the wine shop after I was diagnosed, the Priest who prayed for me before my surgery, the woman I met at "Look Good, Feel Better, " or was it the conversation over dinner with two friends on the Bible. Seeds were planted, but timing had to be just right to bloom.

I was given a CD by the most God filled woman I have ever met. I was lucky enough to share a meaningful friendship with her for the short time God placed her in my life. I listened to the first few minutes of the CD and turned it off. I believe in God. I am a spiritual person. I was not about to listen to someone tell me I needed to accept Jesus as my Lord Savior. However, I kept the CD. It was a gift from someone who I deeply admired.

I was driving home from work after having a anxiety attack in the parking lot due to some insurance situation.  My attempt at keeping my composure failed. It was the straw that broke the camels back. I got in my car and headed home. I was driving down Carefree Highway hysterically crying when I see a rather strange site. Sheep on both sides of the highway. Yes, sheep. Hundreds of four legged fluff. This is not a normal site on this course of travel. A few cows every so often, possibly a javalina or coyote in the early morning hours, but never sheep. I pulled my car over in a hysterical crying state and began to laugh.  I got out of my car  and collapsed to the ground while watching hundreds of sheep. Waving my hands in the air, "God, I cannot do this anymore!! What have I done!!! Why God, why!! The questions we have all asked our Lord at one time or another. And there it was, my body fully engulfed with chills and a voice saying "It is time, I have you." 

A passerby stopped to make sure I was okay.  I wiped my tears and nodded my head. I told them I was in awe by all the sheep. I was not about to tell a complete stranger I was having a mental breakdown. They made sure I did not need assistance and drove away. 

I got back in my car, wiped my tears and turned on my radio. I plugged in the CD I so willingly refused to want to listen to. A testimony of a young woman struck by cancer and how she committed her life to Jesus. Here I was, battling cancer, talking to sheep along side the road, hearing the voice of God.  “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me” (John 10:27 ). 


The young lady in the wine store. You filled me with scripture when I was not sure what scripture to follow. You came along side me during the hardest time of my life. The Priest who accepted my faith even though I was not Catholic. You prayed with me and prayed over my family. My dear girlfriends I dined with conversing over the Bible, patiently knowing one day I would come to Christ.

As I am not a master gardener, but an apprentice. My seedlings are developing at the pace God intends. I thank each of you.






No comments: