Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Year in the Making

I sat in the plastic surgeons office yesterday and next to me was a woman with a complete glazed look over her face. She was reading an informative book the doctor had on the table. I commented to her that the book had great information in it. She responded, "It is a lot to absorb." She was having her mastectomy today. You don't forget the feeling of horror or the unknown. I can pass along hope and encouragement to someone new to the journey.

I toasted this evening with making it to my one year mark. As a Breast Cancer survivor, your first five years are your "danger zone" I hope the next four years go by as fast as this one did. I hope to remember the next four years a little better!

I have taken time to read. I have chosen books that are inspirational. I have found meditation to sooth the mind and calm the emotions. Time for ourselves is always needed and we often loose sight of our sense of "self".

Maia and I will be going back to Pennsylvania in March to see Dad & Karla. I am looking forward to seeing family and friends. My taste buds are seeking as many cheesesteaks and Yuenglings as they can handle! A possible garlic fest at Paolo's is also a requirement. The foods we miss.

No comments: