Saturday, February 14, 2009

Cut!


It has been at least a year since my last haircut and color. I guess the time has come to get rid of the skunk look.

The days of showering without shampoo, throwing on a bandana and being ready in a half hour are over. I had to buy a few styling products. I gave the ones I had away months ago.

Going from having no hair to hair has its own irony. I was worried about dying my hair a different color than before. Does it really matter...I had no hair! Hair color is like bandanas...they can be changed. A good friend of mine told me I should have dyed my hair pink...there are exceptions to the rule. I told her, "You first!"

Here are a few things to ponder:

1. Cowlicks are like the little tiny hairs that form on your bald head and poke out in the strangest places.
2. Hair product are cheaper than Mach 3 razorblades. And last longer.
3. Bald is beautiful....you never feel beautiful with a bad hair day.
4. If you don't like the cut, it grows back.
5. If you don't like the color, change it.
6. New hair growth is as soft as a babies.
7. Learn to wear hats, they protect your head and save the life of your hair color.
8. Never wonder why a woman wears her hair so short, she may have new growth from months of chemo.
9. If you ever have to be bald, let your kids color on your head. It makes a great message board. Washable markers only please.
10. Many consider their hair a part of vanity, vanity starts from within.

No comments: