Saturday, October 18, 2008

Recovering Gracefully

The surgery on Thursday went well. It was a short procedure, wheeled in at 9 AM and was in recovery by 10 AM. A strip of Alloderm was inserted into my right breast. My tissue will heal with the Alloderm and make my skin a little stronger.
I was a little queasy from the Demerol and the ride home was painful. Once again, bathing is challenging. I can't get the bandage wet until I see the doctor on Wednesday. Aggrivation for the next week!

On Wednesday, Roy's had their annual Ohana Tour. The tour is a what most of us would consider a town hall meeting. CEO, Mark Running, and director of training, Leila Whatoff, are the annual hosts. I was finally able to thank Mark personally for all his/Roy's support throughout the past months. I cannot give enough thanks to my boss, Bob, as well. I am proud to be part of such a warm and caring ohana. I also owe Marissa many kudos for picking up the slack while I was out. She did a great job keeping the office organized and my job as simple as it could be upon my return. Debbie..thanks for your patience many miles away! We survived.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I am very happy to read this post! This definitely is a great Monday morning treat! Thank you so much for sharing.