Monday, October 13, 2008

Not so easy

After having a wonderful weekend of relaxation, followed by great friends and family, I came to a screaching halt on Monday morning.

I went back to the doctor to have the incision in my right breast checked. This was a follow-up visit from the infection I had last week. The doctor looks at it and tells me the tissue is not thick enough on the right side. They need to go in and insert a piece of "cadaver" tissue so my tissue has something to adhere to. WHAT? I don't care about the cadaver part, I am a donor myself, but I was not expecting to have to go under the knife again. My question was "when do we do this"....answer...tomorrow.

This tissue will work like a retaining wall. My tissue is not strong enough to support what is there, so my incision can burst at any time. My tissue with adhere to the cadaver piece to strengthen the area. I can visualize myself walking down the street.....What was that, oh nothing, just my boob laying on the ground. And before I was worried about nipples falling off!

Scoreboard is as follows: Left side Cancer. Healed fine.
Right side cancer free. Feels left out and want attention and a piece of someone else. Scorekeeper...waiting final match!

Let me just say...thank God for Versaid!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I hope the surgery went well and everything is ok. You had me laughing at the boob on the ground cause I have had an experience with boobs popping out but not with falling to the ground. At least not yet.
We really miss you at work. Get better and come back to us.