Friday, July 18, 2008

5 O'Clock Now Where??

There is a wonderful place in our neighborhood called the Eccentric Gourmet. Phil is such a pleasure to speak with, always smiling. He knows your likes/dislikes in wine. He is the man to go to for food pairings. Lets not forget his wonderful wife Linda. Sweet, sincere and genuinely kind. It has been a great place to grab a glass of unique wine, a great cheese plate and have good conversation without "bar" atmosphere. Phil's is a neighborhood institution!

I needed a few refills on my olive oil and balsamic vinegar collection. So, off to Eccentric Gourmet I went. Bottles in hand, I walk in to find Phil his happy go lucky normal self and Linda rearranging shelf items. The shelves seemed a little barren, so I asked if they were restocking. Not really. All that I keep hearing is "No, we are closing." My mouth could have swallowed the earth at that point. I said to the woman sitting next to me, "This is about as upsetting as the day I found out I have cancer!"

To Phil and Linda....you have brought people together by common interest, quest for good wine. You have become a staple to our vocabulary that will not be erased. May your endeavors be true to your heart and your hands never have an empty glass......Cheers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a shame!! It wass a great plasce!! What are they doing now??