Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Getting back to normal

Yes, it has been a few weeks since I have updated the site. The family took a short trip the other weekend to Lynx Lake in Prescott Valley. Maia has never slept in a tent, so we opted for one overnight stay at a campsite. We rented a boat and enjoyed some time on the lake. Maia was not to happy when the boat rocked the slightest bit. It was "freaking me out", as Maia would say.

Behind the dam is a short hiking trail that runs along the creek. We took a short hike to the bottom to try to pan for gold. I decided to take off my sandals and put my feet in the water. Upon slipping on a rock, I fell butt first into the creek up to my armpits it the water. It was rather hilarious. The softball size bruise on by butt cheek did not find it quite as funny.

The evening was splendid. We took a short hike around the lake, went back to camp and cooked a few marshmallows. Great ending to a perfect day. I can't wait until the weather cools off to take a few more hiking trips.

I forgot how much solitude lies within the forest. Crisp pine air, thousands of stars and even a crescent moon. And the hoot of an owl to make it surreal. Natures therapy.

No comments: