Monday, August 4, 2008

Final Countdown...

I have made it to the end. My last chemo session! I walked out of my oncologists office and cried. Cried as a sign of relief, cried for the unknown of the next five years, but most of all cried out from victory. Victory to say I am a survivor.

I can soon start to enjoy walking at lengths again. I can drop the ten pounds steroids have given me! I can finish the scrapbook I started without feeling "foggy". I can deal with what God puts in front of me. I can support others. Most of all, I can make a difference.

I will have my official celebration when the side effects of this last treatment have subsided. I have been patiently waiting to indulge in a lobster dinner from my father and stepmother. I can't think of an easier way to celebrate!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats i cant wait till your hair comes back I miss my Heather at the hair salon
all of DIlemma hair salon Misses you